If you’re wondering how to make creamed spinach, you’re in the right place!
Can you freeze creamed spinach? Yes I always freeze half of the batch I make and it’s just fine reheating.
Can you make creamed spinach ahead of time? Yes! I make it before and keep it in the fridge, then just pull it out and re-heat on the stove.
Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic smashed and sliced
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1-12 oz package spinach approximately 4 cups
- Rinse the spinach well and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once hot, add the onion and cook until translucent and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Heat the milk in a microwave for 25 seconds, then whisk in the cornstarch.
- Pour the heated milk-cornstarch mixture into the skillet.
- Add the salt, pepper and cheese and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in the spinach, coating the spinach completely in the cream mixture.
- Serve warm.
Try These Reader Favorite Side Dish Recipes
Quite a few of our Side Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite keto recipes that we hope you'll also try!