This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make a Chocolate Turtle Cake
Make this amazing turtle poke cake for your next get together! The flavors are amazing and everyone will love it! Make sure to check out all our fun poke cake recipes, too!
What ingredients do I need to make this turtle cake?
- Box of chocolate cake mix (plus the ingredients listed on the package)
- Jar of caramel topping
- Can of condensed milk
- Tub of chocolate frosting
- Mini chocolate chips
Turtle Poke Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box of chocolate cake mix (plus the ingredients listed on the package)
- 1 12-ounce jar of caramel topping, divided
- 1 14-ounce can of condensed milk
- 1 16-ounce tub of chocolate frosting
- ¾ cup pecans roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9×13-inch cake based on the package directions. Set the cake aside to cool completely.
- Remove ½ cup of caramel topping from the jar and set aside. Combine the remaining caramel sauce and condensed milk in a large mixing jug or a bowl with a spout.
- Use a thin, handled wooden spoon or chopstick to poke rows of holes in the cake.
- Pour the caramel condensed milk over the top of the cake and spread it to fill the holes evenly.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Beat the tub of frosting with an electric mixer for one minute or until light and fluffy. Frost the cake with the whipped frosting.
- Drizzle ¼ cup of the reserved caramel sauce over the frosting.
- Scatter the pecans and chocolate chips over the top of the cake and drizzle over the remaining caramel sauce.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy.