This Hawaiian Cake is definitely a go-to easy dessert with a fantastic tropical twist! It’s so easy to make that you can have your kids help out with it and they’ll master the recipe in no time!
Hawaiian cake is perfect for the summer! Make this cake for the summer while you and your family start planning your own beach trips. It’s hard not to think of vacation plans when you have a plate of pineapple and cherry cake that just screams Hawaii.
Serve a choka (surfer slang for ‘awesome’) Hawaiian Cake for your luau themed parties! Get creative when decorating it and guests are sure to want a slice!
Why it works:
- Sweet and juicy pineapples are the quintessential ingredient to Hawaiian Cake. The taste will surely give the island vibe!
- Red and plump Maraschino cherries not only grab your attention with color but they also lend another layer of sweetness to the whole cake. Yummy!
- A generous helping of Cool Whip on top of the cake gives that creamy and dreamy texture to this flavorful treat.
- You can jazz up this cake by topping it with round slices of pineapple and putting a cherry in the center.
- Another way to dress up this cake with pineapples and cherries is to chop them up and sprinkle them over your Cool Whip topping!
- Want more texture? Add in some desiccated coconut on top of the cool whip instead of pineapples and cherries. It gives it a real island feel!
- Out of all of the ingredients above but you want to give your cake a more visual flair? You can throw on some yellow sprinkles to keep in theme with the pineapples.
- If you’re feeling extra, you can decorate your whole cake and plates with flowers and put on some colorful drink umbrellas on the slices.
- This cake, especially with the Cool Whip topping, is awesome served with cool pineapple or cherries on top. It gives that nice burst of freshness with every bite!
What you’ll need to make Hawaiian Cake:
- 1 Box Angel Food Cake
- 20 oz. crushed pineapple, with juice
- 5 oz. jar maraschino cherries
- Tub cool whip, optional for topping
How to make Hawaiian Cake:
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl mix together cake mix, pineapple and cherries.
In a greased 9×13 pan, bake the cake for 20 minutes. The sides will begin to turn a light brown color.
When a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Other cake recipes you need to try:
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
3 Ingredient Hawaiian Cake
- 1 box angel food cake
- 20 oz crushed pineapple, with juice
- 5 oz jar maraschino cherries
- 1 tub cool whip for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, pineapple and cherries.
- In a greased 9x13 pan, bake the cake for 20 minutes. The sides will begin to turn a light brown color.
- When a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely.