Best Christmas M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Christmas traditions are what make Christmas so special to so many people. One tradition is baking Christmas cookies together. One of the most popular Christmas cookies are Christmas M&M Cookies. These cookies are soft and chewy, and they are loaded with M&Ms. They are easy to make with just a few ingredients. This makes them the perfect cookie for the Christmas season. Gather your favorite people together and make some Christmas memories with these fun, festive, and delicious Christmas M&M chocolate chip cookies.
- What ingredients do I need to make these cookies?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Red and green M&M’s
- How should these cookies be stored?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also place them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months, once they have cooled.
- Can regular plain M&Ms be used for this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute regular plain M&Ms in place of the red and green Christmas M&Ms.
How do I get perfectly round shaped m&m cookies?
Step one is to use a cookie scoop. You will make dough balls of the same size. Next, after your cookies are out of the oven, use a larger cookie cutter (or round cup) and gently shape the warm cookies by putting it around them and swirling it around. This will ensure that your chocolate chip M&M cookies are perfectly shaped and uniform in size.
- This dough freezes quite nicely. My preferred method is to first scoop out the dough, quickly freeze the balls, and then put the frozen balls into a freezer bag.
- Remove the eggs from the fridge at the same time as the butter for optimal baking results.
Make these M&M Christmas cookies for Santa, or bring them to a holiday party or cookie exchange. The cookie mix can also be given as a present in a jar with a festive tag and ribbon. Those that try them give them great ratings, and they are consistently the first dessert to disappear.
Christmas M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar packed
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups of red and green M&M’s divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, or a hand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Scrap down the side of the bowl as needed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to cookie batter, and mix until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, or a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop, and scoop out the dough into balls, place them on the cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Use the remaining ¼ cup of the M&Ms and press them on top of the dough balls.
- Bake for 10-12 min. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 5 min.