Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
One of my favorite comfort food recipes is this chicken and stuffing meal! You also make it in your crockpot and come home to dinner ready to go! It’s the best for a chilly fall or winter night dinner!
What ingredients do I need to make this meal?
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Italian seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Ground black pepper
- Cream of chicken soup
- Stovetop Stuffing Mix (you can use herb or chicken flavors)
- Melted salted butter
The chicken breasts in the slow cooker turn out so moist and juicy! You can even cut them with a fork and shred it if you want. The stuffing is super fluffy and has crunchy bits on the top…it’s so good! It’s like having a cheaper Thanksgiving meal at home!
What you should know about this recipe:
Flavor: Salty and all the flavors in the ingredients complement each other.
Texture: Silky and tender.
Ease: All you gotta do is add and cook.
Side dish: Eat it with roasted vegetables or a green salad.
Storage: 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
How to Re-warm: We have rewarmed it in the air fryer, and microwave, both excellent.
Have fun with the recipe:
▪ Make it spicy: Add some chili powder or a pinch of cayenne in the seasoning for the chicken. Change the seasoning for a taco mix for a fun twist
▪ Make it Deluxe: Mix the cream of chicken with a few tablespoons of sour cream.
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 box 6 oz Stovetop Stuffing Mix (you can use herb or chicken flavors, both excellent)
- 6 tablespoons melted salted butter
- Unpack the chicken breasts and place them in the slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker.
- Mix the salt, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, and ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the chicken breasts.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup on top of the seasoned chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the stuffing mix as evenly as possible over the chicken.
- Gently pour the melted butter over the stuffing.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Storage: 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.