How to Make Autumn Muddy Buddies
Make a fun puppy chow mix this fall for your friends and family! This is not intended for real dogs, by the way. This is crunchy sweet chocolatey delicious snack mix to enjoy this fall!
What ingredients do I need to make this?
- Chex Cereal
- Peanut butter chips
- Vanilla Almond Bark
- Powdered sugar
- Pretzel sticks
- Autumn Candy Mix Candy corn, pumpkins
- Reese’s pieces
- Miniature Reese’s cups
- How should the Puppy Chow be stored and for how long?
They can be kept in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- What type of Chex cereal should I use?
Any type of Chex cereal would work well (Rice, Corn, Wheat or Chocolate)
- What other variations of puppy chow can I make?
Cookies and Cream, S’mores, Lemon, Reese’s, just plain puppy chow. You can also make them any holiday theme by changing up the mix-ins.
How to Make Ice Cream Cone Cornucopias
You can make cornucopia waffle cones to fill with this harvest mix too! Just soak the ends in warm water for 20 seconds then microwave for 20 seconds. Twist the end and hold for a few seconds until it starts to harden. Fill with puppy chow and put in a clear bag for Thanksgiving gifts!
Fall Harvest Puppy Chow
- 7 cups of Chex Cereal
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- 8 oz of Vanilla Almond Bark
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- ½ to 1 cup of pretzel sticks broken in half
- 1 cup of Autumn Candy Mix Candy corn, pumpkins
- ¼ cup of Reese’s pieces
- ½ cup of miniature Reese’s cups
- Fall-themed Sprinkles optional
- In a medium size microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine almond bark, and peanut butter chips, and microwave them on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir, if needed continue to microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Next, place Chex cereal in a large mixing bowl. Pour in melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture into the cereal and stir until well combined.
- Pour cereal mixture into a gallon-size freezer bag and add powdered sugar. Shake until cereal is completely coated.
- Next, pour the coated cereal onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Gently add pretzel sticks, autumn candy mix, Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Peanut butter cups, and sprinkles.
- Pour the mix into a serving bowl or an air-tight container and enjoy!