Easy Bell Stuffed Peppers
If you’re on a low carb diet like keto, these philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are the perfect dinner idea! Bell peppers are not spicy so don’t worry about that. I love making recipes with stuffed peppers because you can control the texture; you can have them a bit crisp with a crunch or soft for easy cutting.
This recipe is super easy and straight forward. Just load prep and load your peppers for a easy dinner in the oven.
The flavors are delicious and it’s a crowd pleaser.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb striploin or sirloin trim away the excess fat if you want, sliced
- 3 bell peppers halved
- ½ large white onion sliced
- 8 white mushroom caps sliced
- 12 – 15 slices provolone cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Green onion chopped, for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 325 F.
- Place 6 halves of bell peppers on baking pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add vegetable oil followed by white onion. Cook onion for a minute then add mushroom. Cook for another minute.
- Add striploin, stir occasionally and season with salt and pepper, adjust the taste if necessary, cook for 3-5 minutes depends on how well done you want your steaks to be.
- When the peppers are done baking, take them out of the oven and put 1 slice of provolone on the bottom of each pepper.
- Add the steak mixture to the peppers, then top them up with the rest of provolone slices.
- Continue baking the cheesesteak stuffed peppers for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese are completely melted.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped green onion.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Keto Recipes
Quite a few of our Keto Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite keto recipes that we hope you'll also try!