Have you been looking for the best beef stroganoff recipe that doesn’t contain mushrooms and ready in under 30 minutes? With this Easy Beef Stroganoff, you are going to have dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
I love beef stroganoff but I hate that it normally takes so long to create a tasty dish. I also hate that it has mushrooms. Not everyone likes mushrooms, and my friends and family don’t like picking the mushrooms from the dinner. That is why I have created the perfect Easy Beef Stroganoff that everyone will love. That is when I started to think about other ways to make Easy Beef Stroganoff that would have the same flavors without the mushrooms.
What to Serve with Easy Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is usually served over noodles or mash potatoes. If you are looking for an additional side dish, I have a few recommendations. These are things I like to serve when we make Easy Beef Stroganoff:
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes or Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Foiled Potatoes – A Potato and Onion Recipe + Video
- Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots Recipe
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Avocado Dressing + Video
Variations to Easy Beef Stroganoff
- Mushrooms: Of course if you like mushrooms you can add them.
- Onions: I have seen a few recipes for beef stroganoff that have onions. I think it might be a personal preference.
- Sour Cream: This calls for light sour cream but you could use full fat.
Ingredients for Easy Beef Stroganoff
- steak (stir fry, flank, whatever is on sale)
- Light Sour Cream
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Barilla Rotini Noodles (or egg noodles if you please)
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
How to Make Easy Beef Stroganoff
Boil the noodles and drain. Pour in sour cream into the skillet, mix to combine. Using a ladle spoon mixture over the top of noodles. Serve with a salad and corn for a complete meal!
30 Minute Beef Stroganoff (Without The Mushrooms!)
- 1 lb. steak stir fry, flank, whatever is on sale
- 1 C Water
- 3/4 C Light Sour Cream
- 2 TBSP Flour
- 1 Packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix Blue Box
- 1 Box Barilla Rotini Noodles or egg noodles if you please
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- In a large skillet brown the steak until it's cooked through.
- Remove the steak and sit aside.
- Pour water and Lipton Onion Soup Mix into the skillet and whisk.
- While the mix comes to a boil dice the steak.
- Place the steak into the skillet stirring a bit.
- Turn heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes (an hour if you have it).
- Boil the noodles and drain.
- Pour in sour cream into the skillet, mix to combine.
- Using a ladle spoon mixture over the top of noodles.
- Serve with a salad and corn for a complete meal!