Looking for a sweet coleslaw recipe? This is a fantastic coleslaw recipe that can be made as a side for dinner or for a picnic. This easy recipe will become your go-to coleslaw recipe.
We love coleslaw. I make it as a side dish, sometimes I put it on sandwiches, and I have even put it on quesadillas. This sweet coleslaw recipe is perfect for all occasions.
What to Serve with Coleslaw
Coleslaw is a great side dish. It goes great at a picnic and it goes great with dinner. Try it with:
- Alice Springs Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers
- Adobe Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Spicy Crockpot Pulled Pork
Variations to Coleslaw
- If you want to save time, you can use a pre-cut coleslaw mix. These do not have the dressing but the ingredients are already shredded for you.
- If there is anything in this recipe you do not like, simply leave it out.
- If you want to give this coleslaw a slightly different taste, try Pineapple Coleslaw as a way to combine the two flavors.
Ingredients in Sweet Coleslaw
- Shredded Cabbage
- Shredded Carrots
- Shredded Purple Cabbage
- Miracle Whip
- Celery Seed
- Lemon Juice
How to Make Sweet Coleslaw
Start by placing your cabbage and carrots in a large mix bowl.
Mix until well combined.
Add in miracle whip, celery seed, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, milk, and lemon juice.
Mix and toss until well combined.
Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 cup of Shredded Cabbage
- 1 cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup of Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup of Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon of Celery Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1/4 a cup of Vinegar
- 1/4 of Buttermilk
- 1/4 of Milk
- 4 teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- Start by placing your cabbage and carrots in a large mix bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add in miracle whip, celery seed, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, milk, and lemon juice.
- Mix and toss until well combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!