How to Make the Best Tuna Noodle Casserole
My whole life growing up I absolutely HATED tuna. The way it looked, smelled, and the texture in your mouth just grossed me out. I got married and one time my husband stocked up on tuna for “prepping” and we had over 25 cans. I figured we needed to use them for something and that’s how my famous cheesy tuna noodle casserole dish came to be about! We call it a tuna noodle hotdish in Minnesota too. It’s so rich and creamy you’ll never know theres tuna in it!
If you have picky kids you can just pick out the peas or whatever part they don’t like.
It’s my favorite comfort food meal now surprisingly. It’s not the lowest in calories but the flavors are spot on!
The little crunch of breadcrumbs pare very well with the soft noodles. You can also sprinkle with crushed up potato chips and bake for a few minutes. Just note that leftovers will be a bit soggy (we never have those anyway!)
- INGREDIENTS SUBSTITUTION
- Pasta, you can use any pasta you wish.
- Breadcrumbs, I like to substitute with breadcrumbs I crumble in the blender.
- If you like saucier, add ⅓ cup of milk in the mixture
- CHEF’S TOOLS
- Mixing Bowls: Anchor and Hoking Glassware
- Big Mixing Bowl: Mason Cash #12
Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 can of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Celery
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup frozen peas we really like with a lot of peas so we put 1 ½ cup
- 2 cans tuna 5 oz in water drained
- 1 bag Pasta egg noodles 12 oz cooked and drained or any pasta you like
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Oil a 9×13 baking dish
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix until all combined the condensed cream of celery, sour cream.
- Add the onion powder, dry mustard and celery salt. Mix well.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta, frozen peas and tuna.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes
- While it bakes, prepared your breadcrumb mixture: melt 2 tablespoons butter and mix with breadcrumbs.
- After 20 minutes, take the dish out the oven and spread evenly the breadcrumbs mixture
- Add the remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted and bubbly
- Serve Warm
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!