Make these delicious cherry garcia cookies for your friends and family! They are so tasty!
Cherry Garcia Cookies
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup maraschino cherries drained and chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a seasoned baking stone.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract, beating until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- For best results, refrigerate the dough for at least one hour. This is not required but will keep the cookies from spreading.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough in even mounds at least one inch apart. Warm cookie dough will spread more than cold cookie dough.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are brown and the middle is set but not completely solid. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 7 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake