How to Bake Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Make some delicious chocolate crinkle cookies, they are our favorite to make for cookie exchanges! We love to stack about 4 cookies and use red/white twine to wrap around/ make a bow. Put in a clear baggy for gifts! Make sure to try our red velvet crinkle cookies too!
The chocolatey taste can’t be beat!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate 2 whole squares
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, melt baking chocolate according to package instructions. Cool slightly.
- Add granulated sugar and oil. Mix by hand until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix by hand until no flour streaks can be seen. Do not overmix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate atleast 2 hours, or until dough is completely chilled.
- When the dough is ready, preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl. Lightly dust your hands with powdered sugar.
- Using a teaspoon or very small cookie scoop, scoop a small amount of dough into your hand, about a Tablespooon, and roll it into a ball. It should be no bigger than 1 inch in diameter.
- Drop the ball of dough into the powdered sugar and roll until covered.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Leaving space for the cookies to spread, about 2 inches. Repeat until all cookies are formed.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are set. Cookies will appear slightly soft in the centers. Don’t overbake.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 3-4 days.
To freeze the cookies, lay them flat, in an airtight container, separated by parchment paper. They will keep this way up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature..
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake