How to Make Buckeye Ball Candy
These buckeye balls are my favorite Christmas dessert to make! They are so easy and fun to make you can even involve the kids.
You can use any green and red sprinkles or toppings to make them festive!
They are perfect for holiday parties, they look gorgeous on a white platter! I never bring any home with me at Christmas time unfortunately ha!
Christmas Buckeye Balls
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temp
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar sifted
- 8 ounces chocolate melting wafers
- ½ cup holiday sprinkles optional
- Add peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix until ingredients are incorporated, if still crumbly work it together with your hands.
- Knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Use a small cookie scoop to evenly portion out the Dell onto a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Refrigerate the peanut butter balls for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate using a toothpick or skewer and return to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Keep a fork handy in case the ball falls off of the stick.
- Use your fingers to smooth the top over where the toothpicks went through the top.
- Sprinkles if you would like placed back into the fridge to fully set for another 15-20 minutes.