What’s better than a shamrock shake in March for St. Patrick’s Day?? A BOOZY version to make for your friends at a party! They are so tasty and addicting. This drink is a copycat of the famous McDonald’s shake. Make sure to also try our St. Patrick’s Day pudding shots and Dirty Irishman Cocktail!
Such an easy alcoholic drink to make at home!
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- ½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 3 Tbsp Creme de Menthe Green liqueur
- 5 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- Yellow and Green Liquid food coloring
- Fresh Mint
- Maraschino cherries
- Whipped Cream
- Green sanding sugar
- In a blender, add vanilla ice cream, milk, Bailey’s, and Creme de Menthe. Add 4 drops of green food coloring and 3 drops of yellow to the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Place green sanding sugar on a small plate. Slide a damp paper towel along the top edge of your serving glass. Turn glass upside down onto the plate and move your glass around until the sanding sugar sticks to the top of the glass.
- Pour into your glass. Garnish with whipped cream, green sanding sugar, fresh mint leaves, and top with a cherry. Enjoy!
If you don’t have Creme de Menthe, you can substitute ½ tsp mint extract.
Creme de Menthe is sold in a clear or green version. The green version will add more color to this recipe.