This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
DIY Goo Gone Copycat Recipe
Have any extra jars that have ugly labels on them? Try this homemade goo gone adhesive remover recipe! It’s just two simple ingredients and works great.
Homemade Goo Gone
- 3 TBSP Baking Soda
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Airtight Jar
- In the air tight jar add 3 Tablespoons of baking soda and 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil. Mix well. (I used the tablespoon to mix so I wouldn’t have more dishes to wash!)
- Make sure to do this on a surface that it is ok to get Olive Oil on just in case you spill some when pouring it out of the container.
- To make a larger batch: Mix ⅔ cups Olive Oil and 1 cup baking soda.
- There is no shelf life so you can use it until it is gone.
- When removing a label, I soaked the item in water and peeled the paper off. Next applied a thin layer of the goo gone and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then used a scrub brush to lightly scrub the sticky stuff off and then rinsed the item again and wiped clean!