If you have been wondering How to Make Chicken Broth In an Instant Pot, you have come to the right place! First and foremost, the next time you make a whole chicken, be sure to keep the bones aside and in your fridge. You can use these to create a delicious broth that makes a perfect base for your next soup or stew.
Learning how to Make Chicken Broth In an Instant Pot is good when you want to be sure your family is eating healthier and hey, you’ll save some money over buying canned broth at the store! It tastes so much better than canned broth too! I love being able to make the most out of every meal we cook at home, so this is perfect for that.
Once you learn how to make Chicken Broth in an Instant Pot, you can stock up! Because you are cooking it in the Instant Pot, it takes less than an hour and a half including pressure release time to make start to finish. You don’t have to use it right away either, once the broth has cooled, you can pour it into ice trays and freeze to use later. This makes great soup stock for cooking later on.
How do you make instant pot broth?
Since the Instant Pot is being used as a pressure cooker, the time it takes to make chicken broth in the Instant Pot, it cuts the cooking time down significantly. Once you have added all of the ingredients, use the pressure cooking button in order to make instant pot broth.
How long do you pressure cook chicken broth?
To make chicken broth in a pressure cooker, you set the time to 43 minutes. With the pressure cooker cook time and the natural release, it takes about an hour and a half in order to make Instant Pot Chicken Broth.
INGREDIENTS OF HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROTH IN AN INSTANT POT
- chicken carcass or bones from roasted chicken
- vegetable scraps
- kosher salt
- bay leaves
- cold water
VARIATIONS TO HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROTH IN AN INSTANT POT
- You can add or omit any vegetable scraps that you want.
- Store in the fridge for 3 days, or freeze in ice trays for later use.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROTH IN AN INSTANT POT
Place all ingredients in pressure cooker and place valve to seal.
Set for High Pressure for 45 minutes.
Let naturally release for at least 30 minutes.
Chicken Broth in an Instant Pot
- 1 chicken carcass or bones from roasted chicken
- 2-3 cups vegetable scraps carrot peels onions, celery, garlic, etc
- 1 sprig thyme optional
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 cups cold water
- Place all ingredients in pressure cooker and place valve to seal.
- Set for High Pressure for 45 minutes.
- Let naturally release for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain stock and cool and store for later use, or use immediately.
Other Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Red Lobster Biscuits Mix + Recipe Video
- Homemade Rolls
- Veggie & Steak Stir Fry
- Homemade Zucchini Lasagna (Keto & Low Carb Friendly)
- Homemade Lasagna with Fresh Ingredients
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- How To Make Pull Apart Rolls
Try These Reader Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Quite a few of our Instant Pot Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite instant pot recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Keto Recipes
Quite a few of our Keto Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite keto recipes that we hope you'll also try!