A pumpkin roll is one of the top requested cake recipes when the weather starts to turn cooler after a hot summer. So let me show you my easy Pumpkin Roll recipe. I’m excited to share it with you!
Pumpkin Roll Recipe Tips
It never fails that I make a Pumpkin Roll recipe or Christmas Yule Log and I’m questioned with how I am able to roll the cake without it falling apart. My first response is to stop man handling it! Baking is very gentle, precise and PATIENCE is needed….I don’t know how I bake, because I have no patience, so maybe that part is a lie. 🙂
My tips to making to a perfect pumpkin roll are:
- Use lots of powdered sugar; it will help you roll the cake into the towel.
- Allow the pumpkin roll to cool completely before you put on the cream cheese mixture. This is important. If you try to ice the roll while it is warm, it will begin to tear the cake, so keep that in mind.
Listen, I will help you get through this time…just follow my lead!
Pumpkin Roll Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup Biscuit & baking mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- chopped pecans (optional)
Alright let’s get you started on this easy Pumpkin Roll Recipe…are you excited?!?
How to Make a Pumpkin Roll Cake
Now aren’t you excited to head into the kitchen and create your very own Pumpkin Roll? I guarantee that this easy pumpkin roll recipe will impress your friends and family. If you have time, you can make a small business out of it every September! I actually have a friend who makes about 50 Pumpkin Rolls every September as friends and family begin craving them!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes to Try:
Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- 1 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1 TSP pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 C pumpkin canned
- 3/4 c Biscuit & baking mix
- 2 C powdered sugar divided
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 C butter softened
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Pecans optional
- First things first. Gradually add the sugar to the eggs in a large bowl. You will want to beat the egg mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes. I know this sounds like a lot of time, but, you are looking for the air to make this cake light.
- Alright next grab your can of pumpkin and it in with your egg mixture followed up by adding in the biscuit & baking mix, cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice. Mix that concoction thoroughly.
- Spread mix onto a greased wax paper & place greased side up on a 10x15 jelly roll pan. ** If you are using pecans, sprinkle your mixture with pecans at this point.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- While your cake is baking, sift 1 cup of powdered sugar into a clean dish towel or tea towel. Then once the cake is finished baking turn upside down onto the powdered towel. Wrap the cake up into a roll inside the towel. You'll then cool the powdered cake completely on a rack with the seam side down.
- While that is cooling down you can mix up the cream cheese & butter to make the filling. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Now unroll the cake and spread cream cheese mixture and reroll the cake without the towel. I let my Pumpkin Roll sit in the refrigerate for 2 hours or so before I'm ready to serve. It just allows everything to set up and become one!
- ** You may need extra powdered sugar if covered in the fridge as some of the powdered sugar may come off.