Make these delicious apple butter snickerdoodles for a fall treat! Everyone goes crazy over them!
Apple Butter Snickerdoodles
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup apple butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
For rolling the cookies:
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons cinnamon to taste
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and white sugar for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the apple butter and combine thoroughly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix well, then add the remaining half of the dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon for rolling.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion out the cookie dough. Roll each scoop into a ball and then roll the cookie dough through the cinnamon-sugar.
- Place each cookie at least 2″ apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes until just lightly golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute before moving to a cooling rack.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake