How to Make Puppy Chow
One of my all time favorite treats to have growing up was puppy chow! And now my son loves it the same! It’s so easy to make and QUICK!! Disclaimer: this is not for real dogs, only humans!
What ingredients do I need to make puppy chow? Only 5!
- Chex cereal (I use the corn version)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
What equipment do I need to make them?
- Large microwavable bowl
- Parchment paper
- Ziploc gallon size bag
- Spoon or spatula
There are many different ways to make puppy chow unique! I added red and green m&m’s for a Christmas time treat! We also dyed some red and green.
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups Powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- M&M's optional
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper on the table.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter. Do 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the six cups of chex into the bowl and fold until all is covered.
- Put 1 cup of powdered sugar into a gallon ziploc bag then add the chocolatey chex mix. Top with ½ cup more powdered sugar. Zip the top closed then shake, shake, shake!
- Pour onto the parchment paper and let harden for 1-2 hours.
- Mix in m&m's if preferred.
- Enjoy or put in a storage container for up to 1 week.