Peanut Butter Balls with White Chocolate
Instead of making the classic peanut butter balls with milk chocolate, make snowballs using white! They are so beautiful on a platter for Christmas time.
What ingredients do I need to make snowballs?
- Creamy peanut butter
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Almond bark or white melting candy coating
What kind of sprinkles were used? Betty Crocker Cupcake Gems Red And Green Pearls (Found at Fleet Farm, Vons, Jewel-Osco)
Peanut Butter Snowballs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter – avoid the natural peanut butter with oils
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter – softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 16 oz almond bark or white melting candy coating
- 1 container sprinkles – optional
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the peanut butter and butter until creamy.
- Slowly mix the powdered sugar into the peanut butter and continue to mix until well combined. It may appear crumbly at first, keep mixing and it will all start to come together.
- Cover the peanut butter ball in a small bowl and refrigerate for one hour.
- Once ready, scoop 1 inch sized balls, roll them to shape and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Place into the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Place chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave it 15 seconds at a time, shaking or stirring between each increment, repeat 3 times. Depending on your microwave, you may need more time, overheated chocolate will get very stiff
- Stir the chocolate until completely melted.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer and begin dipping by sticking a toothpick into the ball, dip into the chocolate and tap your wrist a few times with your other hand and it will release some of the drippage.
- Drop the coated balls onto a sheet of wax paper then put sprinkles on top.