Oven Baked Chicken Fajita Recipe
One of my go-to meals for my family is sheet pan chicken fajitas! It literally takes 1 pan (besides a cutting board) which means less dishes, woohoo!
The ingredients are all fresh and gives an amazing flavor burst in your mouth!
The most work is the prep work which requires cutting the onions and peppers then you just dump it on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes and your meal is ready!
Slice up your chicken and fill your tortillas and add toppings! Such a delicious quick easy dinner for the family. Enjoy.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, around 1.3lbs (note 1)
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 2 small onions sliced
For the Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 420°F and set aside a sheet pan.
- Stir together the ingredients for the marinade in a big bowl and add the chicken.
- Toss until chicken is completely covered (note 2).
- Add onions and toss again.
- Place bell peppers, onions and chicken on your sheet pan so they don´t overlap too much and place in the middle rack in your oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft and slightly brown at the edges.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and cut into stripes (note 3).
- Mix everything together, add salt and pepper to taste if needed, and serve with rice or tortillas and garnish with avocado, fresh coriander and a splash of fresh lime juice.