Looking for a simple but amazing dessert recipe? You have to try this Strawberry Angel Food Cake. Topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and whipped cream, it is so good, you will wonder why you never made it sooner.
Some of our favorite recipes came from friends and family. This Strawberry Angel Food Cake is one of those recipes. This is another recipe from my friend Danielle. I’m pretty sure we probably had this on a night we had Steak & Chicken Kabobs together because that was another recipe I got from her! This dessert recipe is all of it and one my entire family LOVES!
One of the summer’s best desserts ever possible ever in the whole entire universe is this Strawberry Angel Food Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Reddi-Wip. I know what you are thinking…you have your very own Homemade Whipped Cream recipe, Since I didn’t have heavy whipping cream on hand, and hubby really loves Redi-Whip, so that is why Strawberry Angelfood Cake with ice cream and Redi-Whip.
What to Serve with Strawberry Angel Food Cake
Whenever I have guests over, I love to make this easy dessert. For dinner, I like to serve:
- Cavatappi with Beef Ragu
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Penne Carbonara with Bacon
- Alice Springs Chicken
- Roasted Tomato Pasta with Mozzarella
Ingredients for Strawberry Angel Food Cake with Ice Cream
- Angel Food Cake
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Orange Juice
If you are having guests over go ahead and throw it in a Trifle Bowl, there just can’t be any leftovers. Now if you want to have a few desserts in a week don’t add all the ingredients together. You’ll want to cut a slice of the cake in a bowl, top it with strawberries and a tablespoon or so of Orange Juice. Then serve with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Reddi-Wip.
How to Make Strawberry Angel Food Cake
In a medium bowl place strawberries, sugar and orange juice. Let marinate for 20-30 minutes. Place bottom of Angel Food Cake in a Trifle Bowl or similar size. Pour Reddi-Whip on the center lay, placing top of Angel Food Cake on.
Scoop Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on top and cover with strawberry and orange juice mixture.
Serve each piece with a topping of Reddi-Wip.
Strawberry Angel Food Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Reddi-Whip
- 1 store bought Angel Food Cake sliced in half
- 2 c strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 TBSP sugar
- Kroger Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 C Simple Truth Orange Juice
- In a medium bowl place strawberries, sugar and orange juice. Let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Place bottom of Angel Food Cake in a Trifle Bowl or similar size.
- Pour Reddi-Whip on the center lay, placing top of Angel Food Cake on.
- Scoop Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on top and cover with strawberry and orange juice mixture.
- Serve each piece with a topping of Reddi-Wip.