There are times when you just need chocolate chips in your life and these Chocolate Chip Pancakes are one of my favorite sweet treats to make….and eat!
I use to NEVER make pancakes from scratch. For me it was easier to buy a box of the stuff that was at the grocery store and be done with it. Then came the time when I decided to try to make homemade pancakes from scratch. After I realized how EASY it was and I was capable of controlling the ingredients that were going into the batter I was hooked!
It’s honestly so easy to make a homemade pancakes it’s insane. I ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand and if not I use my Healthy Substitute Guide to get me through 😉 No eggs? No problem, substitute for a banana or apple sauce. Out of oil? No worries my friend add in apple sauce or pureed fruit. Now I have complete confidence in you to recreate these Chocolate Chip Pancakes in your kitchen.
I’ve gotten several emails from you asking why your Pancakes are never fully cooked or they are more well done on one side than the other. The TIP to cooking pancakes is this — when the pancake begins to bubble on the top and the sides it’s time to flip. Then cook for another 3-4 minutes until it’s golden brown on the other side. It should take no more than 6-7 minutes to make at least 4 pancakes.
Now on this particular morning I had split the pancake mixture in half. I added in chocolate chips in one bowl and Funfetti Sprinkles in another bowl. So I ended up with Funfetti Pancakes (recipe coming soon) and these Chocolate Chip Pancakes. I don’t know what it is about Chocolate Chip Pancakes, but, it’s hard to eat them any other way once you’ve tried these babies!
Marci Loehner | MyHeavenlyRecipes.com
These Chocolate Chip Pancakes will have the kids getting out of bed early!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 C Flour
- 5 TSP Baking Powder
- 4 TSP Sugar
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C Oil
- 2 C Milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and eggs.
- Next add in eggs, oil, milk, chocolate chips and vanilla extract stirring until combined.
- Heat a large greased skillet placing 1/3 C of pancake mixture onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Once the pancake begins to bubble around the sides and the top it's time to flip to the other side and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Should you have leftover pancakes you can place in a ziploc bag in the freeze for a quick and easy breakfast on a busy morning.
Be sure to Submit a Recipe so that I can feature it on the site once you’ve made this dish! See you soon 😉
Enter your Name and Email Address Below to receive a email when a new recipe is published!
I PROMISE I won’t sell your info to those scammer people!