This popsicle stick craft for an American Flag is a fun kids craft that’s always a big hit at our house, especially around the 4th of July!
For the past two years now Mini Me has hosted her own 4th of July Party. It’s always been complete with food on the grill, kids crafts, games, lots of giggling and ended with Daddy setting off a few
I will tell you that she’s already planning this year’s party. Since we’ve recently purchased a camper she’s hosting it at the campsite! It’s going to be lots of screaming fun according to her and she’s super excited about it. Frankly, so am I!
This Momma is ready for some fun, good laughs, maybe a drink…or two and to sit in the sun at the pool watching the kids splash around in the pool. After the winter that we’ve had, it’s needed in the worst way possible!
American Flag Popsicle Stick Craft
- 8 Popsicle Sticks
- Red Marker
- Blue Market
- Yellow Marker
*If you don’t have markers, use paint!
1. Color 1 Popsicle stick blue.
2. Paint 3 sticks red.
3. Paint 1 stick yellow, or whatever color you would like your flag pole!
4. Starting with a red stick, glue the edge onto your flag pole. Continue alternating colors like the American Flag. For ours, we do 3 red and 3 white.
5. Using scissors, cut the blue Popsicle stick into thirds and glue them together side by side.
6. Flip the flag over and cut a popsicle stick the length of your American Flag. Attach to the back with glue.
We love to insert our American Flag Popsicle stick craft into flower pots in the garden. They’re also fun to pass out to friends at our Annual 4th of July Party or anywhere an American Flag is appropriate. Mini Me says that she is making 60 of them to pass out to the neighbors this 4th of July! We will see if she follows through with that…