Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits
It’s getting colder outside and it always makes me want to whip out my slow cooker! It’s pretty amazing what you can make for a meal without having to touch it for hours.
I am sharing my classic crockpot chicken and dumplings with grand biscuits recipe. I always love to make recipes using Pillsbury grand biscuits because they are a dollar and some change at the grocery store. They also work perfectly in chicken and dumplings because they are a similar texture to real dumplings. My family also makes a lot of crescent roll recipes too!
You will need chicken breasts and then you just dump the rest of the ingredients on top and let it cook for hours!
It just turns out so pretty every time and my family gobbles it up for dinner and leftover lunch the next day!
This crockpot meal is complete comfort food and I hope you enjoy!
How long should I cook chicken in crock pot?
- On low setting 6 to 10 hours depending on amount and thickness.
- On high, 3 to 5 hours.
To ensure cooking evenly, make sure the chicken is always thawed.
Can I cook the chicken and dumplings on low?
Yes, you will need to adapt your cooking. Initial cooking would be 5 hours and when adding the biscuits, you cook for 1 hour.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with Grands Biscuits
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leave
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables carrots, corn, peas, green beans
- 1 can refrigerated homestyle Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- In crockpot add onion and place chicken breast on on top.
- Sprinkle salt, celery salt, pepper.
- Add condensed soup and chicken broth
- Cut butter into small pieces and add bay leave
- Cook for 3 hours on HIGH
- Take chicken out and shredded with 2 forks
- Add frozen vegetables and cook for 15 minutes on HIGH
- During this time. Separate all 8 biscuits and cut each of them in 8 pieces. You should have 64 pieces total.
- Add the biscuit pieces to the crockpot and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Thinly sliced chicken breast can be replaced by any chicken breast, may need to adjust cooking time
Onion: can use red, yellow or Maui onion.
If you don’t have celery salt, you can replace with regular salt.
Frozen mixed vegetables can be substitute by any veggies you like.
Try These Reader Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
Quite a few of our Slow Cooker Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite slow cooker recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!