These Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars are as fun to make as they are to eat! Delicious sugar cookie dough topped with to-die-for whipped icing and Funfetti sprinkles – total dessert perfection.
What’s better than a sugar cookie?
Sugar cookie dough transformed into a thick cookie bar and topped with rich whipped icing and Funfettti sprinkles, of course.
Even better, this recipe is ready to serve in just about 20 minutes. By using store-bought, refrigerated cookie dough as the cookie bar base, Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars make the perfect last-minute dessert to take to parties, potlucks, and the like. If you want a quick and easy dessert that will impress, these frosted sugar cookie bars will do the trick!
And if you want to get the kids involved in baking, they’ll love making Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars. You can whip up the icing while they have fun “smooshing” the refrigerated cookie dough into the bottom of a baking dish and topping the dough with a generous amount of Funfetti sprinkles. When the sugar cookie bars have baked, they can help spread the icing and top the bars with even more Funfetti sprinkles. Then comes the best part… eating them!
No matter who helps you with this recipe, the process is super easy. Let’s go over the steps…
How to Make Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars in 7 Easy Steps + Video
Step #1: Preheat oven and spray a square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step #2: Take refrigerated cookie dough (I used Pillsbury) and press it flatly and evenly to the bottom of the baking dish.
Step #3: Top with Funfetti sprinkles.
Step #4: Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges begin to turn a golden brown.
Step #5: While the sugar cookie bars are baking, make the icing in a large bowl. Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream and beat until smooth.
Step #6: When the sugar cookie bars have baked, remove from oven, let cool, and then top with whipped icing.
Step #7: Sprinkle more Funfetti sprinkles on top and enjoy!
Two Fun Ways to Make Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars a Little Different
This recipe is perfection as-is, but it’s always fun to experiment! Try the following:
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the icing to make the sugar cookie bars really “pop.”
- Add a little almond extract to the icing in addition to the vanilla extract for a slightly different flavor.
Like This Sugar Cookie Bar Recipe? Try a Few of These…
If you like this recipe, I know you’ll also like these:
I hope you enjoy Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars. I promise they’re some of the best sugar cookie bars you’ll ever eat!
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars
- Store Bought Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- Funfetti Sprinkles
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese Softened
- ½ C Powdered Sugar
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract link to https://amzn.to/2D4Xbt0
- 1 ½ C Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 2 ½ qt. square Dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place refrigerated sugar cookie dough, pressing flat and evenly.
- Top with funfetti sprinkles.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until middle has just set and sides begin to turn golden brown.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream.
- Beat until smooth.
- Once sugar bars have cooled, top with frosting.
- For fun add more funfetti sprinkles.