Recipe for Making Liquid Hand Soap
Did you know you can make soft soap at home for a fraction of the cost?! It’s super easy to do and you can whip up batches in no time. Make sure to check out how to make your own foaming soap too.
You can choose any bar of soap of your choice and essential oils for scents.
How to Make Soft Soap at Home
- Grate soap into flakes. (I used my KitchenAid grater attachment.)
- In a small saucepan, boil 1 cup water.
- Pour water into a high speed mixer. Add the soap flakes, vegetable glycerin, and tea tree oil. Cover and pulse until the soap flakes are completely blended. Be aware that this can get very foamy.
- When the bubbles have settled, blend or stir in an additional 4 to 5 cups of water. Transfer to an 8 to 10 cup bowl. The soap will appear very watery but will become a thick gel as it sits at room temperature.
- When the soap has become a solid, whisk or blend in the remaining water, adjusting until you reach your desired consistency. Divide liquid soap into containers using a funnel.
- Over time, the liquid soap will separate. Just shake before using.