Switch up your weekly menu with these philly cheesesteak enchiladas! They are so delicious and will impress your guests or family! Make sure to try our all time favorite White Chicken Enchiladas too!
You will need sirloin tip steak to make these.
Smells so good!
So flavorful with the onions, green peppers, and creamy cheese sauce on top of the tortillas.
Philly Cheesesteak Enchiladas
- 1 lb sirloin tip thinly sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 7 flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup provolone cheese
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Parsley garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a hot pan. Add steak and season with black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove steak. Add green peppers and red onion to the pan and saute 5 minutes. Add steak back to the pan and saute an additional 2 minutes. Set aside
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and stir. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly incorporate milk. Stir in provolone and swiss to melt. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Place 4-5 pieces of steak, onions, green peppers, and a pinch of mozzarella cheese in the center of a tortilla. Tuck the end under the mixture and tightly roll. Repeat until all tortillas are filled. Place tortillas in a 9×13” casserole dish seam side down. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Pour cream sauce over the enchiladas.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh ground pepper and parsley. Enjoy!
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!