Here’s the cutest and most useful gift you can give this Christmas…3 bean chili in a mason jar gift! Your family and friends will love you for making dinner a breeze. Just print out the printable and attach to the jar.
3 Bean Chili Gift in a Jar
- 1 quart (32 ounce) jar with lid
- Printable label/gift tag
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- ½ cup dried black beans
- 1 cup dried kidney beans
To make the chili you will need:
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey browned and drained
- 1 onion diced
- 3 quarts water or beef stock
- 1 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine onion flakes and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine chili powder, cayenne (if desired), and oregano. Set aside.
- To avoid the sifting of seasonings through the beans, layer ingredients in the jar in this order: chili powder mixture, cumin, onion flakes mixture, parsley, pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans.
- Seal and attach gift tag.