Easy Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Wondering how to make spaghetti sauce using ground beef from scratch? You need to try this homemade recipe! Also, make sure to check out our homemade meatballs and million dollar spaghetti recipe!
How should I store the spaghetti sauce? Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Why use stewed tomatoes? Stewed tomatoes are recommended in this recipe because they’re already cooked with seasonings, are softer, and usually sweeter than other canned tomatoes. Other kinds of tomatoes may be used if desired, but doing this will change the flavor.
Can I make this without the meat? This recipe can be made without ground beef if you don’t want a meat sauce. However, the consistency and taste won’t be how it was originally intended.
It is our favorite spaghetti sauce, it tastes 10x better than any store bought pasta sauce in a jar!
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup green bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pan over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink (breaking it into small pieces as it cooks). Add green pepper, onion, and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce; mix well.
- Stir in water, sugar, Italian seasoning, worcestershire sauce, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Let mixture come to a bubble, then turn heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often, to let the seasonings fully combine.
- Serve hot over spaghetti noodles.
Leave a Reply