How to Make M&M Cookies for Christmas
Make some delicious Christmas m&m cookies for the holidays! These are always a hit with my family! They are crunchy on the outside but oh so soft in the middle. Even after freezing them, the softness stays!
You can use unsalted butter but you should then add in about a teaspoon of table salt into the dough.
These are great for Christmas gifts to give to your family, friends, and neighbors! They will love them. If you don’t like super chocolatey cookies, leave the chocolate chips out!
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter 2 sticks at room temperature
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup red and green m&ms + ½ cup for topping extra
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter and both sugars until creamed and combined.
- Add in your eggs and the vanilla extract. Mix.
- Pour in the baking soda and flour. Mix.
- Using a spatula, fold in your m&ms and chocolate chips.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large cookie scoop, make balls of dough and put on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes until the tops are lightly browned.
- Leave on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in a container, freeze, or enjoy!