I have tried plenty of homemade playdough recipes but this is the only one I ever use now! It’s super soft and moldable and lasts a lonng time as long as you keep it in an air tight container/ziplock bag.
It’s very easy and you can have your kids help make it (they love it!)
- 1/3 cup Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Water
- Food coloring
- 2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, and salt in a sauce pan.
- In a separate bowl, add water and a few drops of food coloring. Stir.
- Dump into the sauce pan as well as the vegetable oil. Stir.
- Heat stove to medium heat and stir the playdough for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the playdough starts to get clumpy and hardening take it off the heat.
- Put it on a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- Knead the lumps out and play!