Here’s a fun idea to go with your hot cocoa this year…hot chocolate stirrers made from marshmallows, chocolate, and candy canes! They are the perfect little gifts or treats for the kids.
Hot Chocolate Stirrers
- 12 candy canes
- 20 marshmallows
- 1 12- ounce package chocolate chips
- Crush two of the candy canes and set them aside in a small bowl.
- Carefully slide two marshmallows onto the bottom of each remaining candy cane.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a cup or jar.
- Dip the marshmallows into the melted chocolate, then dip the bottom into the crushed candy canes.
- Place the chocolate covered marshmallows on a piece of parchment paper to cool and harden.
- To use the hot chocolate stirrers, place the chocolate covered marshmallows into a cup of hot chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted off the marshmallows.