If you’ve been to the Loehner house for dinner and haven’t had our Chicken Over Rice Recipe then we must do it soon! This recipe is made in a Crock Pot with just 3 ingredients with rice made a few minutes before you are ready to serve.
Let this Chicken Over Rice cook all day on low for a meal that is sure to become your families favorite!
I’ve been eating this Chicken Over Rice recipe my whole
29 years life! It’s super simple to throw together, even my girls can make it! You’ve got to check out Beanies YouTube Video:
I mean this kid has been making this recipe since she was 3 years old. So I’m sure if she can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!
I will tell you the first time that I made this for my Husband he was a bit skeptical. It doesn’t look like anything a 5 star restaurant would be serving up. But, it’s quite good, a easy dinner to throw together in the morning that will be done when you come home and is made more times that I can to admit in the winter.
My kids ask for Chicken Over Rice weekly, so while I can hold them off for 2 weeks at a time you bet that it’s made at least once a month around here.
I serve with a side of corn and often times a roll or fruit for a complete meal.
You should expect leftovers. This is fabulous reheated and in fact we enjoy it reheated. You may need to add a bit more milk to the chicken mixture the next day.
A super simple dinner that feeds a crowd on 4 ingredients.
5 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cans Cream Of Mushroom
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 c Cooked Rice
- Place the chicken breasts into your Crock Pot.
- Spoon out cream of mushroom soup over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Using soup can fill twice with milk, pouring over the soup.
- Turn Crock Pot on low and let cook for 6-8 hours.
- Cook rice according to directions. I do 3 c of boiling water to 3 1/4 Minute White Rice.
- While rice is cooking shred or dice your chicken and place back into the crock pot giving it a nice big stir.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to your families taste.
- My Husband enjoys a dash (or two or three) of Red Hot on his...enjoy!