Get out your Instant Pot! This Instant Pot Taco Soup is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe and great for lunch the next day. Packed full of flavor and you get to choose what ingredients goes in.
Another quick and easy Instant Pot recipe that will have dinner on the table in just minutes and without a lot of work! This Taco Soup Recipe is done in under 30 minutes and is great for feeding a crowd or making a batch for a couple of people and nibbling on the leftovers for lunch the next day.
If you are on a keto diet or your family doesn’t enjoy the beans, leave them out of this recipe and use just a little less tomato juice or chicken broth to still achieve a thick soup like texture. You may also be interested in this Low Carb Taco Soup Recipe.
Ready to feed a crowd? This Instant Pot Taco Soup recipe can do just that! Simply adjust the measurements on the Printable Recipe Card below or simply just double the recipe.
If you are new to the Instant Pot, be sure to check out our article on How to Use an Instant Pot! It’s a lot of help to get you started.
What do I need to make this Instant Pot Taco Soup recipe?
- olive oil
- lean ground beef, pork or turkey
- taco seasoning
- red salsa
- diced green chilies
- diced tomatoes
- spicy tomato juice
- chicken broth
- kidney beans
- black beans
- cilantro & sour cream to garnish
How do I make a easy Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe?
Other Recipes to try:
- Instant Pot Death by Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- Taco Salad Dip + Video
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Instant Pot Taco Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 pound of lean ground beef pork or turkey
- 3 tablespoons or 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup red salsa
- 1 small can of diced green chilies
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of spicy tomato juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 small bag of frozen corn or 2 cans of corn
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function (Mine shows 30 when I turn this on.)
- Add the olive oil and allow to heat up. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add chicken stock to Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, add black and kidney beans and corn. (You can add these separately if you like. If so, skip step 11)
- Add ingredients from steps 8-10 to Instant Pot.
- Add tomato juice
- Add taco seasoning, salsa, tomatoes, and green chilies. (You can add these separately if you like. If so, skip step 17)
- Add ingredients from steps 13-16. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Mix everything together.
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Set Instant Pot to 8 minutes. Once the 8 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open the vent and release the remaining pressure.
- Top with your favorite shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro.