Looking for a salad that is keto friendly and delicious? You are going to love this protein salad that fits into any healthy eating lifestyle.
If you are following keto, salad does not always come to mind when you are planning your meals. Salads can have more carbs than you are trying to consume, plus there is usually not enough protein in a salad. This salad has protein and is keto-friendly.
What to Serve with it
While this salad is perfect just the way it is. You might need other keto friendly meals. These Keto recipes are great to keep on hand to help you stay one track. You can try:
Variations to Protein Salad
- Meat– With this protein-packed salad you can change the meats to whatever you like best.
- Cheese– You can change the cheese in this recipe to another cheese you like better.
Ingredients in Keto Friendly Packed Protein Salad Recipe
- mozzarella balls
- mini pepperoni
- red pepper
- mild pepper rings
- white onion
- black pepper
- dried basil
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- honey (If keto, use granulated sweetener)
How to Make Keto Friendly Packed Protein Salad
Whisk together ingredients for salad dressing. Cover and set aside.
In a large bowl. Add romaine lettuce. Top with meats, cheeses, and remaining veggies. Sprinkle with pepper and basil.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight (to let flavors meld).
When ready to serve, toss, and drizzle with dressing.
Serve cold garnished with fresh basil.
Note: You don’t HAVE to refrigerate for 4+ hours if you’re in a time crunch, but it does taste better that way.
This protein salad is 35 Weight Watcher SmartPoints on the Weight Watcher Freestyle program.
If you like a nice protein packed salad, then I know you’ll love this Big Mac Salad with Big Mac Sauce!
Keto Friendly Packed Protein Salad Recipe
- 2 hearts of romaine chopped
- ½ pound salami chopped
- ½ pound provolone chopped
- 8 oz package mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 package mini pepperoni
- 1 cucumber sliced thin
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 cup mild pepper rings
- 1 white onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon honey If keto, use granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together ingredients for salad dressing. Cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl. Add romaine lettuce. Top with meats, cheeses, and remaining veggies. Sprinkle with pepper and basil.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight (to let flavors meld).
- When ready to serve, toss, and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve cold garnished with fresh basil.