This Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe will become a staple in your household.
So the tiny girl had been asking for Chocolate Pancakes. Yes, just chocolate pancakes. A few days had gone by and Saturday morning arrived. As soon as her eye balls opened she asked if I would make her Chocolate Pancakes. Of course I couldn’t say no! Afterall, her and her siblings had the stomach bug all week and I was just glad that she was finally wanting to eat something!
I ended up creating this very Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe in my kitchen while she watched patiently on the bar stool! Mini Me came in and asked what we were making and took it upon herself to chop up some strawberries after she was quickly disappointed that Mommy wasn’t making bacon….you win some, you loose some!
Now these Chocolate Pancakes are pretty much a basic pancake recipe. If you are looking for a light and fluffy pancake recipe this is it! Just leave out the cocoa powder and you are good to go!
The beauty of cooking is there is a basis to every recipe. Then you just substitute what ingredients you have on hand. I’ve also used this recipe to make Banana Monkey Pancakes, Strawberry and Blueberry Pancakes as well as a basic pancake with funfetti sprinkles that is 😉
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c semi sweet morsels
1. MIX flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. ADD in milk, butter, vanilla and stir.
3. STIR in morsels.
4. MELT 2 TBSP of butter onto your skillet.
5. POUR a 1/4 c of batter at a time onto your skillet.
6. COOK your pancake until the bottom of the pancake begins to bubble and flip cooking for another 3-4 minutes so that the pancake is cooked through.
7. PLATE and serve with Pure Maple Syrup!
Marci Loehner | MyHeavenlyRecipes.com
A little extra sweetness to otherwise Chocolate Chip Pancakes. These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes were inspired by little TT girl!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c semi sweet morsels
- MIX flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
- ADD in milk, butter, vanilla and stir.
- STIR in morsels.
- MELT 2 TBSP of butter onto your skillet.
- POUR a 1/4 c of batter at a time onto your skillet.
- COOK your pancake until the bottom of the pancake begins to bubble and flip cooking for another 3-4 minutes so that the pancake is cooked through.
- PLATE and serve with Pure Maple Syrup!
I love to see what you are creating in your kitchens! Feel free to share your results of this Pancake Recipe with me on Facebook or Instagram. And, be sure to follow me over on Pinterest for more Heavenly Recipes.