These Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins are a good place to start if you are trying to get new foods that your children will enjoy!
There are more times than not when creating a meal that I make one dish two different ways. This is exactly what happened when I made these Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins. I originally made the Banana Oat Muffins recipe one morning as Jas mentioned he wanted a muffin that had banana and oats in it. My aim is to please so I created it.
While I was in the kitchen the littles came in asking what I was making. I told them and TT asked if I could put in some chocolate chips….that’s all it took for her and Bubby to try them out during lunch. When Beanies got home from school TT raved about how good these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins were and she decided to try one as the littles grabbed another muffin for a snack 🙂
Every person in this house raved about them! They have now become a breakfast and snack staple in the house. So much so I’ve been doubling the batch as Beanies has been taking them to lunch as well!
Now here’s a little trick that I’ll share with you!
When creating recipes that will make the Hubby and I happy as well as the kiddos I tend to split the basic recipe in half and add whatever to each batch. For example with this Banana Oat Muffin recipe I divided the batter into half. I added half a cup of chocolate chips to the kids batter and left ours alone.
If I am making something spicy I’ll do the exact same thing. I’ll split the dish in half and add spices to our half while leaving the kids side alone!
So do what works for you, without doubling your work load!
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Quick Oats
- 2 C Flour
- 3/4 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with paddle attachment or mixer.
- Stir in creamy peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in one egg at a time and combine.
- Stir in brown sugar until well combined.
- Next add in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir.
- Add in oats and 1 cup of flour, stir.
- Add in last cup of flour and mix until well combined, stirring in chocolate chips last.
- If using paper cupcake liners spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how hot your oven becomes.