This healthy banana muffin recipe is kid-friendly, sweet and fluffy muffins. Chocolate chip banana muffins are a good place to start if you are trying to introduce your children to new foods!
Every person in this house loves these chocolate chip banana muffins. They have now become a breakfast and snack staple in the house. So much so I’ve been doubling the batch, as Beanies has been taking them to lunch as well! No matter if you want these healthy banana muffins for breakfast, lunch or a snack, they are so good, they disappear fast.
One morning while I was making Banana Oat Muffins recipe I wanted to change it up a little bit. That is when this recipe for healthy banana muffins was made. The added sweetness of the chocolate chips made these chocolate chip banana muffins were made.
What to Serve with Healthy Banana Muffins
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are perfect for a quick meal or a healthy snack. These muffins are perfect with smoothies. Try making:
- Peach Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- How to Make a Strawberry Smoothie
- Healthier Birthday Cake Smoothie
- Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Variations to Healthy Banana Muffins
These muffins are easy to change up to create a whole new muffin or to change it to fit what your family loves.
- Peanut Butter Chips: Change the chocolate chips to peanut butter chips or use both.
- Chunky Peanut Butter
When creating recipes that will make the Hubby and me happy as well as the kiddos, I tend to split the basic recipe in half and add whatever to each batch. For example, with this muffins recipe, I divided the batter in half, adding a half a cup of chocolate chips to the kid’s batter and leaving ours alone.
If I am making something spicy like Mexican Shredded Chicken I’ll do the exact same thing. I’ll split the dish in half and add spices to our half while leaving the kids side alone!
Ingredients for Healthy Banana Muffins
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Quick Oats
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mash bananas with paddle attachment or mixer. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Add in one egg at a time and combine.
Next add in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir. Add in oats and 1 cup of flour and stir together then add in the last cup of flour and mix together until well combined. Last add in the chocolate chips. If using paper cupcake liners or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how hot your oven becomes. If using paper cupcake liners spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Quick Oats
- 2 C Flour
- 3/4 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with paddle attachment or mixer.
- Stir in creamy peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in one egg at a time and combine.
- Stir in brown sugar until well combined.
- Next add in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir.
- Add in oats and 1 cup of flour, stir.
- Add in last cup of flour and mix until well combined, stirring in chocolate chips last.
- If using paper cupcake liners spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how hot your oven becomes.