This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Textured Easter Eggs
Make beautiful textured Easter eggs this year! They are so fun to make and to see the different patterns they create. I’m always on the hunt for creative Easter egg decorating ideas! Make sure to try our koolaid easter eggs and tie dye easter eggs too!
I like to go to thrift stores and grab random fabrics I find like lace!
What type of fabrics work best for dying the eggs?
- Poly mesh ribbon
These are really fun for the kids and look beautiful displayed for Easter.
Fabric Textured Easter Eggs
- 6 x10-inch Textured Fabric Pieces lace, burlap, netting, poly mesh ribbon
- Boiled Eggs
- Egg Dye any you like
- Rubber Bands
- Paper Towels
- Mix up your egg dye in multiple cups, I used food coloring.
- Take your piece of fabric and wrap it around your egg and secure it with a rubberband at the top. Make sure it's tight against the egg shell!
- Lower the egg into the egg dye cup and let sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Set on a piece of paper towel to dry for about 2-3 minutes. Unwrap or cut off the fabric.
- Immediately pat dry again and let rest for another 3 minutes to dry.
- Dye all your eggs and repeat!