Looking for a delicious pasta salad recipe? This recipe to tomato cucumber Greek pasta salad is perfect for a refreshing dinner, picnic, a party or get together or anytime. It is quick and easy and ready in very little time.
I love having a few perfect pasta recipes to choose from. I like to whip them up when it hot outside, when I need something in a hurry and when we have a party to go to. Tomato cucumber greek pasta salad is always a popular dish.
What to Serve with Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad?
Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad is great as a meal by itself. It is also great when you serve it as a side dish. If you want to use theGreek Pasta Salad as a side dish it goes great with:
- Grilled Honey Chicken Breasts + Video
- Avocado Chicken Salad with Green Onions
- Spicy Crock Pot Pulled Pork + Video
- Best Cowboy Texas Caviar Recipe
- BELT Sandwich
Variations to Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad
- Vinegar – If you do not have red wine vinegar, or do not like the taste, you can use balsamic vinegar.
- Pasta– You can use any style of pasta you like.
- Onion– If you prefer red onions that can be used in this recipe as well.
Ingredients for Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad
- Bow Tie Pasta
- Black olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- White Onion
- Red Bell Pepper
- Italian Parsley
- Feta cheese
How to Make Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad
Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 pound of Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 six - eight-ounce can of sliced black olives - drained
- 1 large cucumber - washed and chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes - washed and chopped
- 1 white onion - chopped
- ½ of red bell pepper - washed and chopped
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley - washed and chopped
- 1 12 - 14- ounce container of crumbled Feta cheese
FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons - squeezed for the juice
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons of honey Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- pinch of salt about ⅛ of a teaspoon
- pinch of pepper about ⅛ of a teaspoon
- In a medium stockpot: fill the pot about ¾ full with hot water, add about a Tablespoon of butter, and a teaspoon of salt, and bring to a boil, and add the Bow Tie Pasta.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, and cook for about 11 minutes, just until the Pasta is tender, but still a little firm.
- Remove from heat, and carefully pour Pasta into a Colander in the sink. Drain all water off the pasta, and return pasta to stockpot.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, stir, and place stockpot in the refrigerator to completely cool the pasta.
- While Pasta is cooling, wash the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, and Parsley, and dry vegetables on a kitchen towel.
- Chop cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, and parsley, and set aside. Peel and chop onion. Drain the sliced black olives.
- Remove pasta from the refrigerator, stir, and add chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, parsley, onion, and black olives, and stir until well mixed.
- Place pasta salad back in the refrigerator. In the blender, blend on low; red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, honey Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, Greek yogurt, honey, salt, and pepper, until well mixed and all ingredients are completely blended.
- Remove Pasta salad from the refrigerator, and pour dressing over pasta salad, and using two large spoons, toss salad to coat pasta and vegetables in dressing.
- Place pasta salad in a bowl, or serving platter, and sprinkle crumbled Feta cheese over the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- NOTE: Italian parsley, also called Italian flat parsley is different from parsley that's used as a garnish. Most Produce departments carry Italian parsley. It does have a different flavor than regular parsley. The lemon juice squeezed from the lemons may vary slightly, but you'll typically end up with ¼ to ⅓ cups of lemon juice from two lemons. If you have a little more or less, that's okay, the dressing will still have the flavor from the freshly squeezed juice.